What is a System?
- Many a times this word is mistakenly understood as something relating to computer / software / information technology etc.
- Here it is suggested to make this point very clear that a system may or may not be related with computer / software / information technology etc. Software / Computer / Hardware may or may not form part of overall system.
- The word â€śsystemâ€ť can be explained in a simple way as, â€śa set of detailed methods, procedures and routines created to carry out a specific activity, perform a duty, or solve a problemâ€ť.
All systems generally have -
- inputs, outputs and feedback mechanisms,
- Systems may consist of sub-system also which are part of a larger system.
What is a Process?
- In a computer, a process is a sequence of events that uses inputs to produce outputs.
- From business point of view, a process is a coordinated and standardized activities performed by people or machines, to achieve a business objective and creates value for customers.